Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stepping Out To Slay a Giant

One of the greatest giants we all can face is self-doubt. It's father is FEAR. Amazing how one can have an eternally loving Father but still choose to allow FEAR to rule. Just as most servants of God, often times our best preparation or training is done while under a burden. Our journey has begun much like King David. Young, eager, BOLD and expectant. After several years of contemplation and months of prayer God has decided to move our family from the East Coast to Texas where I will be preparing to become a "shepherd of people." This new vision came with much change and sacrifice. God, however, is a God of details. We have amazingly seen God provide a new home with the closing done in 3 days. He also provided an unexpectant job opportunity while I was looking for a church address in CompUSA. I can't but think that when we choose to HONOR Him that he then turns around and blesses us. I admire the courage David had when he ran towards his Giant enemy knowing that God would deliver him into his hands. This was a young man that had several years cultivating a unique relationship with Jehovah God. The stage was set to bring David into the limelight and wash the stain that Israel had left with God. So the stage has been set for us and we have started our approach to preparing our hearts for service. Just as David knew God would deliver his enemy to him I KNOW God will deliver an adventure that will change our hearts forever. Thank you family and friends for your prayers and support. VA crew.....we will miss you and remember the coffee is only good HOT! Family - thank you for supporting and understanding that this venture is not self-promoting but uplifting the name of Christ. So, I end with comfort, joy, and peace in my heart as we make this transition and desire that you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: